Beginners Guide to Metal Detecting
Beginners Guide to Metal Detecting. Soft back, 90 pages, Illustrated Colour, 19cm x 25cm.
This book is a very useful introduction to the hobby. Advice on where to look, what to look for, gaining permission, other detectorist's finds, cleaning, restoring & further reading. The Beginners Guide has everything you will need to know to get the most from this fascinating hobby.
- Author profiles,
- The different types of detector available,
- Detecting accessories,
- Where to detect,
- Researching potential sites,
- Gaining search permission,
- Fieldwalking and what to look for,
- Search techniques and methods,
- Examples of detector found artefacts,
- A positive attitude from archaeology,
- Identifying, recording, cleaning, storing and displaying finds,
- Making a connection with your finds and creating time lines,
- Further reading and assistance,
- Further information,
- Glossary of terms.