Buckles 1250 -1800
Buckles 1250 - 1800 by Ross Whitehead. Soft back, 126 pages, Illustrated B&W, 21cm x 29.5cm.
A large format reference work showing 800+ buckles from Medieval to Georgian (with valuation sheet).
- Buckle manufacture
- Single looped buckles: 1250-1650
- Buckles with integral plates: 1250-1500
- Clasp fasteners: 1300-1500
- Annular buckles: 1350-1720
- Spectacle buckles:1350-1720
- Rectangular and trapezoidal buckles 1350-1700
- Asymmetrical buckles: 1350-1700
- Two piece buckles: 1660-1800
- Buckles as jewellery.
On the back cover:
Ross Whitehead was born in Devon in 1965, and has had a lifelong interest in antiquities, arcaeology and history. These intereste led to his involvement with the hobby of metal detecting from an early age, and he is a founder member and current chairman of the Torbay metal detecting club. A carpenter by trade, Ross returned to full time study as a mature student, graduating with a first class honours degree in archaeology from Reading university in 1991. He is a regular contributor to "Treasure Hunting " magazine and has written articles covering many aspects of the metal detecting hobby.